I finished my BSc in Control engineering at the Amirkabir University of Technology – Tehran Polytechnic in 2016. I started my MSc program in the same major at the K.N Toosi University of Technology – Tehran in October 2016. People at ARAS SR group were working on a haptic training system for eye surgery (ARASH: ASiST) when I joined in. Together we finished implementing the system and successfully tested it on some artificial cases. In my thesis, I explained the implementation process of the electronic and software design of the haptic consoles. Furthermore, I proposed three cooperative control schemes to help with the training process. Further information about the project can be visited on Surgical Robotics group and ARASH: ASiST page.
- Programming: I’ve been interested in programming since high school and I’ve had some experience with C#, VB and Python but I mainly use C++ and Matlab to do my projects.
- Embedded systems: I mostly prefer ARM-based micro controller boards like STM32 family or some more user friendly ones like Raspberry Pi family but I can use Atmega series as well when ever needed. DSPs and FPGAs are not really my field of expertise but I can make them work just fine with some practice! As for PLCs I worked with siemens s7 and LOGO series for a month or two but I’m not really a PLC guy!
- Softwares: I work with Altium designer to design my PCBs. I also had some experience working with ADS, Hspice and Proteus to simulate some of my projects. I’m also familiar with Etap, Designmate and VMware.
- Learning about Linux and 2DSS under supervision of AUT MasterMinds team. (June 2013 to October 2013)
- Being an active (and proud!) member of AUT Literature and Poetry club for more than 3 years. (September 2013 to December 2016)
- Working as a research assistant in Real-Time systems laboratory under the supervision of Prof. H.A. Talebi. (October 2015 to November 2016)
- Working as a research assistant in ARAS surgical robotics group under the supervision of Prof. H.D. Taghirad. (September 2016 up to now)
- Control and simulation of a water tank as Linear Control course’s final project.
- Speed control of a DC motor using ATmega16 as Instrumentation course’s final project.
- Simulation and control of a polymerase process using Matlab and Labview as Industrial control course’s final project.
- Design and implementation of a Master/Slave system that controls position, speed and torque of a DC motor in a cascade loop as Automation course’s final project.
- Simulation and control of a 2-DOF Cart pole system as Modern control course’s final project.
- Drive, control and GUI design for a BLDC motor used as an actuator in AUT wrist rehabilitation robot in my internship period.
- Bachelor program’s project: Design and implementation of a remote control for AUT Maxillofacial assistant robot. (video)
- Master program’s project: Design and implementation of a cooperative adaptive control structure for ARAS haptic eye surgery training system.
- Designing a Battery Management System (BMS) in NRI Electrical Vehicle group.
- Designing a monitoring system for electrical vans in Shahabkhodro.
Currently we are working on a haptic bilateral surgical training system for novice eye surgeons. The system is called ARASH: ASiST (ARAS Haptic-A System for EYE Surgery Training). My task is to help with the software and electrical related parts of the project. Also I am persuing my PhD program in University of Tehran.